Crush Brands keeps growing & expanding their clientele by the minute! Because Crush Brands is such a fast-paced environment, we decided to take Emily Ackerman on as the new Head of Content Development. We are so excited to have her on our team, so we thought it would great if we could share a little bit about her. Read more to find out about Emily….
1.Where did you go to college? I went to American University in Washington, D.C and graduated May 2012.
2. What was your degree in? My major was Art History & my Minor was Graphic Design.
3. Favorite song at the moment? Something I’ve been listening to a lot lately is the Rolling Stones GRRR! Greatest Hits CD, which has my favorite song ‘Miss You’ on it. But my favorite song of the moment is the all time classic ‘Try A Little Tenderness’ by Otis Redding.
4. Favorite Book? To Kill A Mockingbird & The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I also love sci-fi books & historical biographies.
5. Favorite Color? I absolutely love the color Orange.
6. Favorite Animal? English Bulldogs 100% No question!
7. Favorite perfume? I have been wearing the perfume Hanae Mori almost my entire life. It is a scent that I will forever wear.
8. Have you been out of the Country? Plenty of times… I’ve been fortunate to enough to go to Israel, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Poland, & Spain. I even lived in Rome, Italy for many months studying abroad!
9. Do you speak any other Languages? I can say I am proficient in Hebrew & Italian
10. Do you have any siblings? I have a younger brother named Benjamin (18)
11. Favorite Tv show? Ahhh there are too many to choose from, but I’d have to say anything with Anthony Bourdain, Project Runway, Sex & The City, and Girls.
12. Pc or Mac? I’m loyal to my Mac.
13. How tall are you? I am 4’10. Yes, I am short.
14. What do you order at Starbucks? It depends on the weather. On a cold day, I always order a Grande Soy Latte but on a warm day I always get a Grande Iced Passion Tea.
15. One thing in your closet you cannot live without? My shoes! If you know me and know my obsession with shoes, you know I am a shoe hoarder.
16. Name one thing you want to do before you die… I really want to travel to Asia. I have always wanted to see Japan, Vietnam & Thailand. Those countries just seem so remarkable & I hope that I will have (make) time in the future to visit them.
17. What’s one food you cannot live without? Good lord I love basically every food dish you put in front of me. I guess if I had to narrow it down it would be a Mole dish, Pho, bagels, fried chicken & great pasta.
18. Favorite number? 8, I’m not sure why but it’s just always a number I’ve liked.
19. Two Hobbies? Tennis & going to concerts.
20. Guilty Pleasures? I have a strange obsession with the show Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern. I love watching whatever crazy dishes he is eating! I also have a love for eating while taking a bubble bath. Go ahead & judge it’s fabulous!
21. What is the last movie you watched? I watched Annie Hall a couple of days ago. Love me some Woody Allen.
22. Hamburgers or Hot Dogs? I ain’t picky, I’ll take either. But if someone wants to give me a loaded Hot Dog with every topping on it (relish, mustard, sauerkraut) then I guess that would make me happier.
23. Favorite drink? G rated, I’d have to say a great cup of coffee. Now if you are talking R rated, I am 100% a bourbon girl.
24. Biggest pet peeve? People that chew with their mouth open. MANNERS PEOPLE! I also hate when people talk like 12 centimeters away from your face. I’m all about the personal space.
25. Funny fact no one knows about you? This girl can’t swim! I used to always fake sick during swimming lessons, so I am now paying the consequences. You will never see me physically swimming in a pool, only standing.