We are so excited that Emily Heidt has joined the CB team! Get to know her in this fun Q & A!
Be sure to follow her on Instagram: @emz993
- Where did you go to college: University of North Texas
- What is your degree in: Marketing and Business-to-Business Professional Selling.
- Favorite Animal: My dog Scooby Doo, and also my hedgehog, Spike!!
- Do you have any siblings? Two slightly older brothers Andrew and Daniel (who even knows their mental age), and my stepsister, Sam!
- Favorite TV show? The Walking Dead! Even though I’m horrified of zombies!
- Have you ever been out of the country: I lived in London for a couple years for my Dad’s job and traveled around Europe when I was growing up!
- PC or Mac: Mac & one of each please!!!
- Your most recent life challenge to overcome: I found out about a year ago that I have Celiac Disease, which means I have to say goodbye to gluten and to all my favorite foods. The upside is, I love to cook and find new recipes and I’m glad I don’t have to be sick all the time anymore.
- What do you order at Starbucks: On occasion I’ll drink a White Mocha Carmel Frappuccino, but I’m super into their gluten free marshmallow dream bars!
- One random talent that most wouldn’t know you have: I can actually beat box pretty well; I can also solve a rubix cube in 2 minutes flat.
- Favorite Song: This changes all the time. But currently: What Do You Mean by Justin Bieber.
- Guilty Pleasures: I have a big problem always crafting cakes and desserts that are gluten free, which end up being super delicious!
- Name one food you cant live without? Sushi, specifically Simon Sushi in Plano, Texas! I’ve been going to this sushi place since I was born, it seriously has the best quality you can find in DFW.
- An embarrassing moment that still makes you cringe? I tripped and fell flat on my face during one of the most important interviews of my life; I literally just got up and laughed it off. Also: One time my friend and I wrote this super catchy song and contacted Snoop Dog’s oldest son on Instagram and he actually loved it, and wanted to help us with it!
- Name one thing you want to do before you die? Have an awesome tree house built by Pete Nelson in the mountains somewhere and live out my retirement.
- Hobbies you have: I love Photography and outdoorsy activities, like camping, kayaking and hiking! I also love working out outside! I most recently completed a sprint triathlon; I’m big into swimming, biking, running, rollerblading and long boarding.
- What are three things still left on your bucket list? Go to Harry Potter World, have a show on Food Network, and have a closet the size of my living room!
- Favorite social media platform? Instagram! I have 3 different accounts, one for gluten free food, my personal, and one for my photography!
- Best prank you have ever pulled on someone? High School, Senior Prank we had a flash rave in the cafeteria and had all the lights turned out and music blaring through the whole school, not too long after we finished dancing we had a huge food fight!
- Biggest Pet Peeve? Smacking your mouth while chewing. Literally the worst sound ever.
- You can play the starring role in one TV show that’s already aired, what would it be? I would be Robin on HIMYM (How I Met Your Mother) I seriously love her and Ted!
- You’ve traded numbers, who makes the first move…you or him? I’m definitely not afraid to make the first move but seeing as I have more traditional dating views, he’ll probably make the first move since I would wait several months. It’s also been a while since I’ve exchanged numbers with a guy considering I’ve been living with my boyfriend Brandon for 4+ years!
- What 3 songs would be included in the soundtrack to your life? Drops of Jupiter – Train; Peanut Butter & Jelly – Cadillac Don; The Thrill – Wiz Khalifa
- Favorite Quote: I don’t know who said it, but “Live life like a Bow & Arrow, if you feel like you are being dragged backwards in life, don’t worry, because chances are you will be launched into something much better.”