It may be the season of leggings & sweaters but that is no excuse to hibernate like a bear this winter. Satisfy those cravings with healthy snacks so you can still werkk it on winter vacation 😉
1.Prosciutto Wrapped Asparugus… a quick and easy recipe to whip up a delicious and healthy side dish.
2. Mini Wrap
Top an 8-inch whole-wheat tortilla with:
2 slices or turkey bacon
½ sliced apple
2 to 3 slices cheddar cheese.
Roll up and microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
3.Cold Pizza…..Nope, not the takeout kind!
Toast 1 slice of whole-grain bread
Top it with: 2 tbsp. ricotta, 1 large basil leaf, 2 tomato slices, a drizzle of olive oil, and an optional turkey sausage as pepperoni.
4.Nut Butter Boat Spread the love on a few celery sticks with 1 tablespoon of any nut butter (almond, cashew, walnut) topped with a few whole almonds and/or raisins. If you’re not a fan of celery, try scooping out the middle of an apple and filling it with whichever nut butter you prefer.
5. Jolly Time-Light Popcorn…This popcorn is a light and guilt-free snack, as long as it isn’t covered in butter and salt but……you can add some Franks red hot sauce.
****Not too much or it will get soggy!
6. Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bites Let’s talk ripe apples and creamy peanut butter with a sprinkle of granola and a drizzle of dark chocolate or Nutella. Perfect for smart fall snacking!!
7.Mini Hummus & Avocado Quesadilla Each quesadilla is only 66 calories and rich with healthy fats, which means that you can dig in without guilt.
8.Scuffins Our two favorite G’s, guiltless & gluten free.
9.Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Bites These bites are delicious and simple; simple to make and simple to eat.
10.Grapes & Grahams Take one graham cracker and split it into two squares. Spread each square with a light layer of cream cheese. Then sprinkle eight halved grapes over the top. It sounds strange, but it’s so delicious!
11. Quinoa & Corn 2/3 cup quinoa mixed with 1/3 cup of corn….175 calories that will keep you full and happy.
12. Eggs in the Clouds Whip, whip, whip it good! Float on a cloud of egg deliciousness!
13. Oysters…. Are an aphrodisiac and contain vitamin b, which helps keep you in a better mood! A helpful tip to remember, only eat Oysters in the months that have the letter “R” in it, or else they are not in season. If you add a little horseradish & lemon it will have you wishing it was JanuaRy, FebRuary, MaRch, ApRil…
14.Kale Chips 93 calories per serving of crispy healthiness.
***VERY oven sensitive….don’t miss the timer!
15.Pumpkin Seeds….toast and add to a fresh salad, or even a smoothie as a natural source of amino acid which converts to good hormones!
1 cup of chickpeas
Squeeze half a lemon
1 teaspoon of cut up jalapeños
1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
Hummus as the salad dressing
FYI Jalapenos speed up your metabolism.
17.The TAT (Turkey Avocado Tortilla) Use a low sodium tortilla with turkey, avocado, and salsa. Then wrap it up. It is as self-explanatory as it sounds.
18. Pomegranate Quinoa Tabbouleh
19. Zucchini Parmesan Crisps A healthy, crunchy, crispy and addicting snack!
20. Organic Brown Eggs rich in choline which is a nutrient that your brain uses to regulate emotions. The yolks are also full of carotenoids, which studies have linked to an increase in optimism.