Alright, this ones for our Dallas people! Whether you are in Dallas for the summer or your a seasoned Dallas veteran, we have found everything from concerts to the best brunch places to cure a hangover from a badass night out on the town. So, without further ado ladies and gentlemen, your Crush Brands Dallas must dos of Summer 2014:
We shall start off with some scrumptious restaurants:
- BACKYARD AT THE SOCIAL HOUSE in Uptown: if you’ve lived in Dallas for awhile you have heard of the social house…but you might not know about the backyard an “adult outdoor playground” yup it’s as fun as it sounds….There’s giant jenga, beer pong, cornhole, twister, and new for summer is the Jelly Bean Beer on tap..sounds pretty sweet huh?
- THE TRUCK YARD in Greenville: There are patios which make up shaded outdoor perfection that is a pretty sweet Truck Yard (tons of food trucks). There’s also an indoor bar with 24 taps (including four draft cocktails), and even a treehouse bar! Live music on the weekend and food wise they have pizza to sliders to cheesesteaks. All in all its a great laid back atmosphere, perfect for summer shenanigans.
- PECAN LODGE in Deep Ellum: Arguably the best brisket in Dallas Proper, they recently moved from the Farmers Market into a bigger location at Pryor and Main because the lines were reminding people of Six Flags. If you love BBQ and a southern good time you need to go here period.
- LIBARY BAR in Uptown: “Jay Gatsby himself couldn’t resist a night at this library, and even he’d need to make a reservation if he he wanted a table.” With a statement like that by Dallas Luxury who wouldn’t want to hit the stacks in this bar 😉 #Fancy #Sheik #Young&Beautiful
Moving on from food…. to of course, some cool concerts and other adventures….
- Grab your passport….just kidding…head down to Meadows Museum for a night of spanish culture. Browse Picassos, then move to Sangria for snacks, tappas, and cocktails. Then end the night at the Wild Detectives where you might as well be in madrid. This indie lounge is the perfect spot to end your “stay-cation” #WorldCup #TeamSpain
- If your like us, and love a good 90s throwback, your gonna need to check out Granada Theaters Mockbusters starting on June 21st. The summer series will kick off with Space Jam and it will be like a big sleepover with friends, plus a bonus feature, live on the big screen you can share all your humorously weird thoughts on Twitter and Facebook. So charge up your phones and be sure to come with your best witty comments. #90sBaby
- Flavors of Dallas June 25th at the Hyatt Regency: The price tag for this first-time-in-Dallas event is steep but it benefits the American Liver Foundation… (write off), and you’ll get to be cooked for by dozens of top Dallas chefs who’re preparing you a five-course meal — table side — paired with plenty of wine. Give to charity and feast on some of the best food made in Dallas. #FlavorsOfDallas #AmericanLiverFoundation
- Taste of Dallas at the fair park…July 11th…..you will catch us stuffing our faces with food from 75 different restaurants and singing Ice Ice Baby since Vanilla Ice is performing…. well see ya there (insert fist pump here) #TasteOfDallas
- The queen is coming to Dallas….Queen B and JAY Z that is…hopefully they will avoid the elevators in At&T stadium and make it to their concert July 22nd…..belt it out from the nose bleeds who cares …guaranteed night that wont disappoint. #RunTour
If your looking for something simpler to stumble into or get some step in to your pedometer:
- Local Motion Yoga is giving free yoga classes every saturday morning in June at Sammons Park. So grab your yoga mat and get it twisty.
- If your looking to kick it up a notch you can try Piyo (when pilates and yoga get together) on the wet deck at the W hotel. Saturdays at 9am all through the summer the class is free. So get downwards dog.
- The Buzz Bike …skip the gym and burn those cals while boozing…two hours of bike riding while literally pedaling the bar with you and your pals. You should also know the pedaling is optional….
Next we have experiences prince charming himself couldn’t dream up….
- Doesn’t get any more romantic than Epic Helicopters….we are talking The Notebook kind of romance here people….imagine getting picked up on a rooftop in Uptown and transported by uhhhh HELICOPTER to dinner at the Gaylord and then back to Uptown for drinks and desert…now talk about being swept away….prices starting at $1,500 for personal rooftop to backyard pickups, plus multiple other routes for helicopter rides ranging from $450 and up. For this option you get a 20 min ride…and just saying we left a voicemail for them and have yet to hear back so plan ahead, looks like it could be a memorable night. We would die!!!
- Chocolate Cheese & Bubbles….now that we have you hooked…Scardello’s Artisan Cheese is going to be just as good as the name describes. For $35 a person you can grab a group of friends or a hot date and go through over 150 handcrafted wines and cheeses…oh and truffles, on truffles, and it does get better when the bottle of Champagne pops.
Dallas, its no secret we love our BRUNCH. We need to meet up with our besties and talk about the awesome night we just had and maybe the one or two bad decisions we made (no judgements here.) Gossip + food is an indispensable part of the brunch phenomena. Otherwise that booze before noon might cause problems. Anyways fellow brunch lovers you have to hit these spots this summer:
- CHICKEN SCRATCH in Oak Cliff: This is the place for those of you who really need some good soul food after a great night. Their biscuits piled high with everything you can imagine (eggs, bacon,chicken,) you name it. You can sit outside and enjoy a brunch full of juicy gossip, equally as good as the food.
- KOZY 2 DAY previously known as Kozy Kitchen in Uptown: I mean to put it simply…they have a breakfast called the hangover and they are the original gluten free restaurant in Dallas, need we say more?
- THE RUSTIC in Uptown: Outdoor music, mason jars, picnic tables all under the big Texas sky. A place with live music that can make anyone feel at home. Plus having Pat Green as a partial owner gives them a leg up on their talent booking. Get ready to jam.
- MUTTS CANINE CANTINA in Uptown: Grab your pooch and head here because it’s a restaurant, a dog park, and a beer garden. Now that is problem solving at its best, you deserve a drink.
- Heres a few others we love and you need to stop by before noon 😉 HG Supply, Dream Cafe, Zaguan, Smoke at the Belmont, La Duni, Le Bilboquet (order the shashuka)
We all use uber….duh….however there are a few other options:
- Driven DFW: Make a reservation via the app or website for a professional driver to come to your home and drive your own car. Avg. about $35 an hour.
- Lyft: An app similar to Uber that a driver can show up in anything from a Prius to a mac daddy escalade. Avg. about $20.
- My Private Driver: Solving the “should I leave my car here over night problem” also avoiding a very expensive DUI charge. A driver will come to you and drive you and your car home. Avg. cost $35.
- Uber: If you live in Dallas and haven’t downloaded the Uber app you might be living under a rock. We mention these other drivers but we have not yet successfully used them, so for now Uber remains our favorite and lets be real cabs are for the birds.
- P.S- be sure to follow them on twitter @Uber for special offers like this amazing valentines day special, skywriting:
Cheers to the best Dallas summer yet!