At Crush Brands, we are growing and expanding, welcoming new members to our team. This summer we welcome our new intern, Ellie Cary, to our ranks! We look forward to seeing what this girl can do and what she is all about. Find out more about Ellie….
1.Where are you going to college? I am going to be a Senior this year at Austin College… that’s not in Austin.
2. What is your degree in? I’m an Art Major with a Media Studies Minor.
3. Favorite Song? My favorite song of all time hands down is Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve.
4. Favorite Book? What a tough question! There are so many great books to choose from! The Portrait of Dorian Grey, Pride and Prejudice, and The Seventeenth Summer are definitely my favorite stories.
5. Favorite Color? I love me some turquoise!
6. Favorite Animal? I’m obsessed with peacocks! My room is totally decked out in peacock regalia. They are so beautiful.
7. Favorite perfume? It depends on the day, I’m always trying new perfumes, but I really enjoy anything Burberry.
8. Have you been out of the Country? Yes, thanks to my school’s Jan term program, which allows students to go abroad for three weeks, I’ve been all over Scotland, visited Austria, spent a day in Germany, and explored Western Turkey.
9. Do you speak any other Languages? I know a bit of Latin and a little bit of Spanish.
10. Do you have any siblings? I have an older brother Adam who is 23.
11. Favorite Tv show? I love all kinds of shows, House, Bones, Hart of Dixie, but I’m really looking forward to True Blood this summer!
12. Pc or Mac? I’d say I’m Switzerland on this one. I use them both equally and love them for what they have to offer. I love using a Mac for it’s video editing qualities such as iMovie and FinalCut Pro, but for web building, especially working with html, Pcs are the best.
13. Anything you’re afraid of? I can’t stand snakes… I blame my brother for putting a snake in my dresser drawer for me to find when I was six… or when he chased me around with a dead snake… you could say I’ve been scarred for life.
14. What do you order at Starbucks? My signature drink is an iced caramel macchiato. That’s my favorite and only drink I get from there.
15. One thing in your closet you cannot live without? I love wearing a LBD. You feel instantly sexy once you put one on. Add some pearls and you’re an instant class goddess.
16. Name one thing you want to do before you die… I want to do something crazy and outrageous like skydiving. I want to see the Eastern world, from London to Tokyo. I want to broaden my mind and experience every culture there is.
17. What’s one food you cannot live without? I love anything curry and Thai food related! Its by far my favorite type of food!
18. Favorite number? The number 3 is hands down my favorite, but I’ve always had a thing with “even” odd numbers like 5.
19. Two Hobbies? I really love Photography and Tennis. It’s been awhile since I’ve done both, but I plan to get back into both this summer.
20. Guilty Pleasures? Alright… this is somewhat embarrassing, but… I love reading hot steamy novels about Scottish Lairds. I started reading them right before I went to Scotland. As silly as it sounds, I think they help raise my standards with men.
21. What is the last movie you watched? I’ve really been into Netflix lately… as in last night I watched a movie called Jolene. It was actually pretty interesting.
22. Hamburgers or Hot Dogs? This girl is a burger girl. I used to love hot dogs, but then I got sick over New Years Eve and have stayed away from them since.
23. Favorite drink? I’m ADDICTED to diet coke, but I also love to keep it classy with some gin and tonics, with olives like my grandma.
24. Biggest pet peeve? I’m a little OCD, so things like touching silverware or food on the surface you eat on, that’s not a plate, drives me insane!
25. Funny fact no one knows about you? I’m not a very religious person, but I highly believe in luck. I have all kinds of lucky symbols in my house, that span different cultures. Also, when I cross a railroad track, I have to hold my keys because I believe it will bring me bad luck if I don’t.
26. What’s your favorite media social platform? I enjoy using Facebook, not only to express myself, but also as a way to collect and display my art in a cyber portfolio.
27. What’s your favorite social media campaign? The Ford Explorer Campaign from 2010 definitely piqued my interest with its tease tactic, uncovering a little bit of the car each day before its final reveal. It surpassed its 30,000 Facebook fans goal with a total of 142,000 fans, as well as it gained over 1 million YouTube video views.
28. What’s your favorite website? I love http://imgfave.com/ ! It’s a cool image website that gives me a good laugh and inspires me with my own art.